Registered Office Change (Inter State)

Change of Registered Office to Another State

The company needs to amend the Memorandum of Association to change the registered office from one state to another. A special resolution needs to the be passed by the company for alteration of the MOA. This resolution needs to be filed with the ROC in form MGT-14 within 30 days of the resolution being passed. To change the registered office from one state to another, the company needs to get the approval of the CG in form INC- 23 

The documents to be attached along with the application in form 23 are mentioned below.

A copy of the special resolution sanctioning the alteration by the members of the company.
a copy of the memorandum and articles of association
A copy of the notice conveying the general meeting along with relevant explanatory statement
A copy of the minutes of the general meeting wherein the resolution authorising the alteration.
A list of creditors and debenture holders
A copy of board resolution or Power of Attorney

Document relation to payment of application fee

Central government shall dispose of the change of registered office application outside the state within 60 days of the application and before passing it may confirm that the change is with consent of the creditors, debenture holders etc. The approval given by the Centre shall be filed with the registrars of both the states in which the old and the new registered office is situated. The registrar of the state wherein the new office will be located shall register the same and issue a fresh certificate of incorporation.